Saturday, July 23, 2011

So, I'm on a ship, but i's a DIFFERENT ship!

Hello, everyone!  Well, we finally got everything straightened out.  The R/V Thomas G. Thompson fell a little "ill" and is currently sick in drydock.  As a result, the trip got pushed back to the point where I could no longer make it onboard with that crew.  I am so thankful to the members of this ship who were willing to take me on board, and I wish them good research and happy sailing!

However, I did get my cruise placement yesterday on the Oscar Dyson!  I will be leaving on July 21st to do a Walleye Pollock Fisheries Assessment in the southern portions of Alaska.  I will post more as I learn further details of the trip - for now, visit teacheratsea.noaa.gov if you get some free time.  We've had our first teacher of 2011 set sail in the gulf of Mexico to do some hydrographic surveys and based on his blog, he's had a fantastic experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment